Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Images of Nova Scotia

I wanted to take one last opportunity to talk about my trip to Nova Scotia. I have spoken ad naseum about the reasons for such a trip. In the beginning of the year, Steve(Runner) and I were looking to do a marathon. By July, we both agreed it made more sense to do a half. I wanted it to be someplace that I had never been before and, chances are, may never have the chance to return. We floated out ideas of Fargo, North Dakota or Eugene, Oregon but decide to visit one of the Canadian Maritime provinces instead. We were originally intending to go to Prince Edward Island but the cost and the timing to get there for a long weekend was a bit too much. So, we decided to go to Nova Scotia. And, I'm glad we did.

Nova Scotia turned out to be everything I expected it to be. And, more. Beautiful coast. Wonderful foliage. Quaint little towns. And, unexpected? The amount of good wineries in the area.

Below are some of the pictures (and videos) I took of the trip. I hope you enjoy.


(We had the chance to visit 5 wineries while there. I picked up a Maple Wine from here, surprisingly good as a dessert wine.)

(The Cornwallis River at lowtide in the morning. Look at the difference from the picture below when it was at high tide in the afternoon.)




(Around Scots Bay area)

(Around Scots Bay area)


(At The Lookoff. If anyone goes there in the future, could you look for Steve's glasses? It's where he lost them.)



(Bay of Fundy)


(The further side of the river is where most of the race took place)


(Along the Bay of Fundy)


(The German restaurant along the coast where we had lunch)


(Along the coast of Bay of Fundy)


(Waterfalls)

(The block dot is one of the seals we saw along the way)



Finally, here are some short videos that I had taken.




(In the town of Scots Bay, looking out at the Bay of Fundy)




(Near Margaretville, Annapolis County)


(Hours later after I've finished, washed, had lunch, still waiting, Steve does his last lap towards the finish line.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry, it has been a while since I have had the opportunity to read my favorite running blogs, but I am back....and I LOVE the pics....you and Steve are two lucky dudes....if you all ever decide to hit Eugene, you must let me know...born in Oregon, left at 6mnths old...never been back...my dream is to run there.

Cynthia said...

Beautiful pictures. We're glad you chose Nova Scotia for your run and we hope you come back again. We've got the Blue Nose Marathon coming up in May 2010 and also the Not since Moses Race IN the Bay of Fundy, which is really neat because not many people can say they raced across the ocean floor. Anyway, on behalf of Nova Scotia Tourism I just wanted to thank you for sharing with us! We love to hear from our visitors!

Cynthia