Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Images of the 2009 Valley Harvest Half-Marathon

Hopefully, by the end of the week I will have a full race report. In the meantime, here are some pictures I took of the 2009 Tm Horton's Valley Harvest Half-Marathon.

(Registration at the Acadia University Gym)

(Steve (Runner) and I before the race)

(At the start)

(About two miles into the race heading towards Port William)

(Someone offered to take my picture so he went ahead of me and did so. If I can only get my camera back....(I'm in the middle) )


(About 5 miles into the race)

(The hills weren't steep but the hilliest half I've ever run)

(Heading towards the turnaround)

(Finally, downhill. About 9 miles into the race)


(Steve (Runner) crosses the finish sans shoes. He ran the last 200 yards barefoot)

(Steve and myself after the race. Somehow Steve musters a smile after losing the race to me.)

3 comments:

Steve Runner said...

Hey, aren't you Steve Runner's friend "Steindl Joe"? Is it true that you smuggled 5 bottles of wine into the United States??

Joe S said...

The official name is Steindl Joseph. I didn't smuggle 5 bottles of wine. I legally declared them through customs. And they survived the trip. How did your Brut hold up? Lovely time in Newark?

Steve Runner said...

The Brut made it fine; I didn't notice any gaping holes in the side of the aircraft which would have denoted explosion, and that's always a good thing. I'm trying not to touch the wine until the holidays...but it's not easy.