Thursday, June 4, 2009

Testing 1,2,3...Is This Thing On?

This is just a test video from my new Canon Powershot SD1200 IS. This camera is about the size of my cell phone but a little wider. I realized the resolution of the video from my camera phone wasn't that great. But, the pictures from my other Canon digital camera were great but it is a little bulky to carry around and the video feature wasn't that easy to use. I am hoping to use this camera to replace the mini-cam (farewell, mini-cam) and to do some video shooting around different races and runs that I will be doing. Chances are I won't be in the video as I like to shoot pictures but not be in them. Oh, from time to time, I may pull a 'Hitchcock' and make an appearance. But, only when necessary.

Anyway, the video below is a typical day around the house for three (of my four) dogs. Ellie Mae is the one who is missing in the video as she was at a dog show at the time.

I wanted to test what the quality of the video would be after I posted. (And to make sure it works). I saw the video on my computer and it looked great, especially in comparison with the video from my phone. Nice thing is this camera has video stabilization. Of course, I will test this video stabilization feature when I do my 'Where I Run' features.


Enjoy.



5 comments:

Unknown said...

Joe-I just bought the same cam myself-have yet to take it running. Let me know how that goes. Grew up in Boston. Now live in CT. Love the ESPN in the background!

Joe S said...

LOL. I thought about that when I was playing it back. I have the Extra Innings package and realized I had a game on when I was filming. Picked up it pretty well, don't you think? LOL

Unknown said...

I have the 1100 and I love it. I also use it for video while I'm out on my run. When I uploaded the first few to Runcast.tv, I was getting lots of comments about how nice & clean the video was! :-) Enjoy the camera and good luck!

Anonymous said...

Hey Joe! Sorry I've been missing for awhile.

The video from the new cam is great! Very clear! I'm actually needed to get a new camera soon, and need one with video (mine is so old, video isn't an option). I'll have to check this one out.

Glad your plans for your trip to KC are working out! I hope the weather holds out for you, and I hope the Royals get out of the slump their in for the game you're seeing. Greinke is an awesome pitcher - not sure if he's pitching that game though.

BTW, I asked my running buddies if they'll be around that weekend, and that's a negative for them also. You obviously picked the wrong weekend! :-)

Have fun!
Jen :-)

Eric said...

Joe;
I hope that you paid your dogs $1.00ea for being in the video. If not, I will call the union for dogs in videos. I hope that you are having a great time in London, even though it is for work.

Eric