Thursday, March 19, 2009

Discovery Shuttle Launch

Something for the weekend. When I was in Florida last week, I had the opportunity to experience something unique and, that was, to view the launching of the Space Shuttle Discovery. New Smyrna Beach, where my parents live, is about an hour's north of Cape Canaveral. My father and I went down to the beach to get a better view of the launch. Below is video I had taken. In the middle, someone asks me if I was taking pictures with my phone. My reply was that I was my using taking video. (Just to explain what that conversation was about.)

The video is about 3 minutes in length. If you stay with it, at the end you will see the booster rockets separate from the shuttle. (You will see separate objects in the sky. Those are the booster rockets). When my father and I were walking away from the beach, you could still see the shuttle as a bright object in the sky. It was about 5 minutes after the actual launch. We were told later that the shuttle was actually over the New York/New Jersey area at that point. If only traveling was that easy! :-)

Hope you enjoy the video.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is one of those experiences I have always wanted to have, but soon it will not be possible....you are a lucky man.