Friday, April 27, 2007

So, Al Stewart and I were hanging out together...




A Quick Life Update--Last night, I went to see Al Stewart in concert at a 100 seat 'coffeehouse' in Doylestown, PA. You probably remember him (if you are old enough) from the songs 'Year of the Cat', 'Time Passages', 'On the Border', etc. I like folksy rock music and Al Stewart is one of my all time favorites. I was a DJ at my college radio station and around the time of exams each semester, we had something called 'Cram Jam', which was a few hours straight of one artist. Al Stewart was the guy I played. Had all his albums, which were not easy to find.

The concert was great. And, I had a chance to meet him, shake his hand and get his autograph after the show (that's me and Al in the picture). (Quick story--Al couldn't have been nicer. My wife was trying to take this picture and the camera wasn't working. All these people behind us in line were grumbling and I felt bad, so I said that we'll forget the picture as I didn't want to take up anymore of his time. Al said, 'Don't worry. Help your wife find out what's wrong with the camera and we'll take the picture then.' As you can see, we figured it out!)
The only thing that spoiled the night were two tables of obnoxious, rude people who thought people were paying to hear their conversations. I can understand people having a good time and being loud before a show begins. But, once the show starts... Still, it was a great chance to see and meet an artist I enjoyed through the years.

A 4 mile race tonight after inches of rain all night and day. Should be fun.

1 comment:

Papa Louie said...

Oh, I remember, Year of the cat. I had the album it was great. I found you from Steve Runner.