Thursday, November 19, 2009

Good luck Philadelphia Runners!!!!

This Sunday is the Philadelphia marathon. I was hoping to post some pictures of the banners in the city and the mile markers that are on the road as I drive into work on parts of the course. Never had the chance to stop and take the pictures. However, I am planning on heading down to the race as a spectator. I know a few people running the marathon and half-marathon so hoping to catch a glimpse of them and cheer them on. Good luck to Eric, Diane, Mark, and Rich on Sunday.

The race starts at 7a. Which, in the back of my mind, is why I was dragging my feet in signing up. I was thinking of doing the half marathon as it's a bit different than the course they use for the Philadelphia Distance Run in September. Still, it will be nice to watch a race instead and be a part of the buzz of the crowd. I am planning on going to the Expo tomorrow to check out the sites and sounds.

Well, Steve(Runner) and I are having a rematch. This time it's a five mile race in Whitinsville, MA on Thanksgiving Day. I think Steve has a good chance of beating me. I have been running since Valley Harvest and actually have been feeling pretty good in my runs. But, they tend to be shorter runs so haven't kept up the mileage that I think he's doing. Still, if I beat him two in a row? Well, there will be no living with me as I will have to give him 'subtle' reminders during the winter of this fact. :-) (Do you think 'Dear Slowpoke:' is a little too subtle?) I'm looking forward to the race and catching up with Steve for a few hours on Thanksgiving.

Swimming has gone by the wayside a bit (ok, fully). Realistically, I hope to pick that up in January again. But, I learned a lot this year in swimming so maybe I can get up to speed a little bit quicker this time. I have made it my goal to play racquetball once a week since the half marathon ended and I have stuck to that. Might be a little tough to do that over the holidays but still plan on trying at least. It's a great way to keep me motivated in the winter.

Lastly, thank you to the reader from Redlands, CA who was the 10,000th visitor to my blog since I began keeping track. (The site counter below will tell you different but that keeps track of unique visitors) Now, some blogs will reach that milestone in a few days/weeks/months. It took me awhile and, in truth, I was probably responsible for being 5000 of those visitors by correcting mistakes. Still, I want to thank you all for taking the time reading this blog and posting any comments good or bad. It's not always interesting but then again, neither am I so it's a good reflection of me. :-)

Again, good luck to my friends and all the runners in the Philadelphia marathon/half marathon/8k. Hopefully, I'll have some pictures to post next week.

No comments: