Monday, November 2, 2009

Can't Believe a Mario Bros Beat Me

It was a dark and stormy night......

Ok, it really wasn't but it was warmer than normal with intermittent showers on Halloween morning. Below are some pictures before the race of the Skeleton Skurry 5k in Hatboro, PA. The Mario Brother that beat me was a friend of mine from kindergarten/grade/high school that ran the race that day with his family. The funny thing was he is the same guy that tapped me on the shoulder at Philadelphia Distance Run to say hi. I didn't know he was going to run this race either. Just turned out that way.

Race was a lot of fun especially with all the people dressed up. Some people were very clever with their costumes. I have no idea how they ran in them. Please enjoy the pictures below.






(The start of the race at Pennypack Elementary School)













Sunday morning after the race, my cat Fiona died. She had cancer for the past few months. I am grateful the doctors at Buckingham Animal Hospital were able to extend her life for a time for us to say good-bye. I was never a cat person growing up but her and our other cat, Hannibal, were a joy to have. (Hannibal died a few years back.) We had Fiona for seventeen years. This morning, when I woke up, it was the first time in quite awhile that I didn't have to feed her when I was home. I will miss the routine of saying good morning to her and giving her treats before I said good-night to her. I will miss having her around as most times when I would post this blog she would be at my legs wanting her ears scratched. She will be missed and not to be forgotten.

2 comments:

Eric said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eric said...

Of course, Joe told me he felt sick in the middle of the race, especially going up that one hill. I felt great and he beat me by 65 seconds. Maybe if I would run faster and feel sick I can beat him. Joe, sorry to hear about your cat.