Monday, April 20, 2009

Leaving (for) Las Vegas

I leave for Las Vegas in about an hour's time so this will be a very short posting.

Last week's tri training hit a bump as work became the priority and I came down with a bad case of allergies. In truth, I made my friend's and spouse very happy as I was speechless. My allergies affected my ability to speak. I wound up with a sore throat and dizziness for three days straight. Believe it or not, the thing that got me feeling better was a weekend trip to Massachusetts where, I guess, the pollen I'm allergic to, didn't blossom yet. As soon as I got back yesterday, it hit me again and felt dizzy until today where the rain has helped keep the pollen down.

I am promising myself that, though I will be busy in Las Vegas, I will find the time to get out there and go for a run and do some swimming. I don't want to fall too far behind. I had some momentum going for me and I don't want to lose it. I hope to take some pictures and maybe a video or two of where I run. Hope to have it all posted by Friday.

(Notes: As I am writing this, I know a few people still out on the Boston Marathon course. I know they will finish so I want to congratulate them and all Boston runners. I wish I could be out there one year.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Take care of yourself. enjoy Vegas. I too wish my blogging friends good luck at Boston

Anonymous said...

Sorry I've been MIA for a few weeks - have fun in Vegas! Business or pleasure? If you could run on the strip that would be fun...so much to see! Be safe!