Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Always Blame a Sibling

It's my sister's fault, really. You see, when we went to the Temple-St. Joseph's college basketball game at the Palestra last Thursday, she asked me have I been sick anytime during the winter? Her and I have an unofficial contest of who is the first to get sick after Christmas. It normally happens that both of us will, at some point, it's just a matter of when.

I answered her confidentially, no, I have been able to dodge the bullet and feel pretty healthy. I think I'll be able to make it this year without coming down with a cold.
Naturally, the next day, when I was in a meeting, I felt a sore throat coming on. But, I was talking a lot in the meeting, so not too surprising. Come Saturday, the sniffles and sneezing started. And, then the body aches. By Sunday, I was laid up in bed. I'm just beginning to get a hint of feeling better. I do want to take the time to thank the company that makes the tissue product, Puff with lotion. It has saved me a great deal of irritation.
So, needless to say, I haven't been running except for last Wednesday night with the Blue Dawgs. Bit of a stop and start year so far. But, I am not worried. To paraphrase Rocky Raccoon, 'I'll get better, better, as soon as I am able.'
(Notes: Below are some pictures I took at the Palestra, one of the great venues to watch a college basketball game. It was a great game with Temple leading by 10 points with 54 seconds left and almost losing the game at the end. St. Joseph's were down by 2 points with 6 seconds left to go and the ball. But, the last shot was no good and Temple wins by 2.
Also, one of the things for me to look forward to is a long weekend in Florida in March. I won't have a chance to see any Phillies games, as they are based on the west coast but do plan on seeing some spring training games with the Braves and Nationals who are closer to the east coast, which is where I am going.)



4 comments:

Drusy said...

Joe, you're going to be co-host on RRT with your buddy Laura aren't you? 9PM ET on Tuesday the 24th. I sent you and email... unless I'm losing my mind...

Unknown said...

It does no good to have siblings if you cannot blame them for the things you do not want to take the blame for yourself.

Anonymous said...

OK, so is this a younger or older sister? Because my younger sister STILL blames me for things that happened when we were kids! I mean, I only locked her in a closet ONCE and she's STILL afraid of the dark! Geez, get over it! he-he! :-)

Joe S said...

Jennifer:

Older sister, of course. They make life so hard sometimes.

Tell your sister I sympathize. :-)