Tuesday, March 11, 2008

March comes in like a worm-eating fernbird







Short blog this week as work has cut into my free time (again) and I have a short week anyway as I am going down to Phillies spring training for a long weekend.
With the heavy rains we had on Saturday and the heavy winds on Sunday, it reminded me of the old John Belushi bit on 'Saturday Night Live' when he talked about 'how in the United States, March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb. But, in other countries, like Norway, March comes in like a polar bear and goes out like a walrus.' Click on the link below for the whole bit. In my generation, this was funny stuff. Those younger than me, I'm sure will question what was so funny about it.
Anyway, the pictures from my house will show that, this year, March definitely came in like a lion.
I was suppose to run 18 miles this weekend but, because of the weather, it was reduced to 10 miles on the Delaware River on Monday. It was not an especially good run for me as it felt like I was running in sand because the ground was so soft from all the rain. I still haven't heard about getting into Boston this year. I'm afraid I'm running out of time on this one but I will continue training as if I was entered. Next week, I should have pictures of me at Phillies spring training.

No comments: