Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Sicko

No, not Michael Moore's new movie.

My intention this week was to run the Tex-Mex 5k in North Wales, PA on Wednesday but those plans are shelved. After having run 9 miles along the Delaware River on Saturday morning, I felt like I was wheezing a bit. I have grass allergies and I just mowed my lawn on Friday, so I thought it was from that. I was more tired on Saturday than I usually am from a longer run and thought I could sleep it off.

It got worse on Sunday and really bad on Monday. I went to the doctor Monday afternoon and was diagnosed with a sinus infection. I get these about once or twice a year and zaps me of my energy. Considering that tomorrow is suppose to be in the low-90's (F), I don't think it's a good idea to try to run this race. Which is a shame as it is not my favorite course but you get a taco and a beer after the race and really just sitting around having a good time on a summer's evening.

My next race then would be the Washington's Crossing 10k on July 4. I've used this race in the past to measure how I think I would do at Falmouth in August. I'm sure I will feel better in the next week and a half but sinus infections take a lot out of me. Then vacation the following week. Not exactly the plans I set out to do this summer. I find it hard to schedule sick time in my calendar.

No comments: