Friday, August 15, 2008

Additional Pictures from the 36th Annual Falmouth Road Race

For my full report of this year's Falmouth Road Race, please see my previous blog entry. Below are some pictures I took the day before and the day after the race.





(Above: Pictures from the Falmouth Mile held the day before the race (start time for the women's race is at 6:15p; men's at 6:30p) at Falmouth High School. This year 3 of the men finished under 4 minutes.)

(Above: The town of Woods Hole the day after the race. )

(Above: Coming out of Woods Hole, you make a right down this street (I'm not sure of the name). My favorite view of the race.)

(Above: Left over sign from a spectator.)


(Above: Mile one of the race by the lighthouse.)

(Above: Surf Drive. This is mile 3-5 of the race. Gets me every year as there is no shade on this part of the course. In the background, almost dead center of the picture, you can see Falmouth Heights where the finish line is. )


(Above: The hill towards the end of the course. It's where Steve passed me two years ago when I thought I won the race. It's about 1/2 mile from the finish. When Joan Benoit spoke to the crowd at the award ceremony she said, 'After I climbed THAT hill, I thought 'I will never do this race again.' Then, I cross the finish and say to myself, 'That wasn't so bad!')

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so very jealous. Just wich there is some place near by where I could go and witness such great racing. Enjoy.