Thursday, April 10, 2008

Plan C

Very short post this week as my personal and professional schedule has been filled with unexpected stuff that has come up in the past week.

As I wanted to exact my revenge on the Ocean City, MD half-marathon course this weekend, I will not be able to do that for various reasons. Last year, I ran the half-marathon course in a blinding snowstorm (no, really, my eyes were hurting for days afterwards). This is a great course as it is a point-to-point from Ocean City, MD to Asseteague Island with great views beginning and at the end. The race itself was ok. There were certain things I liked and certain things I didn't like. But, if I didn't like it overall, I wouldn't have thought to drive there 3 hours to run in the race. Maybe next year.

So, Plan C. As I have not found a suitable marathon nor half-marathon, I have decided that I am looking into partipicating in the Penn Relays 20k Distance Classic to be held on April 20, 2008. http://www.pennathletics.com//pdf4/110676.pdf

If you don't know about the Penn Relays, it is one of the truly great track and field events in the country. As a grade schooler, I was able to participate as a alternate in the sprint medley representing my school. Ever since then, I try to get down to the Relays as a spectator when I can. The 20k kicks off the Penn Relays and is open to all. The race starts and ends at Franklin Field, home of the Relays, University of Pennsylvania outdoor sports and once home of the Philadelphia Eagles. This gives me the chance to be able to participate in the Penn Relays once again. Let the games begin.

No comments: